Thursday 1 March 2012

Friendship: Dedicated to a Friend who is more of a Brother than a friend, on his Birthday

Would the world be a better place with keen friendship and a deep understanding of the shortcomings of one another? Would there be peace if all nations know the true virtue of friendship? Would there be lesser uprisings, chaos and crisis if We all understand and uphold the real virtue of friendship and Brotherhood? These are a few of the questions I ask myself whenever I think about the joy and bliss I feel from been able to experience true friendship and Brotherhood from A friend like no other, Muammed Lemu Salihu.

About 13 years ago, we were enrolled into J.S.S. 1 Emerald as youngsters and we became seat-mates from the moment we first spoke. We never envisaged to develop a bound this strong. We became so close that we decided we were going to be getting same grades in our school works and I can even remember Moh telling his mum he has a friend that they have an understanding to get the same grade in school works and his mum laughed at him.

This isn't a Biography so I wont go further into the story of our early days. However, I will like to state that our friendship, sacrifices, dedications, quarrels, and understanding were worth it cos they have gotten us this far with more to come from us.

Muhammed, you are a friend indeed and a brother everyone needs. If I have ever offended you, forgive me.

This is to wishing you a Happy birthday and a Long and Happy life here and in the Here-after.

Cheers to our friendship, Mate.

1 comment: